An old experience: when I first started here, I was very excited about my job and quite spunky with my passengers..I had a run (that no longer exists) that was an express from beaverton to portland via hwy 26....I noticed one week that a regular passenger of mine had not ridden in over a week...when the gentleman showed up, I lit up and said "Hey there!" he said "Hi there" so i said "ho there" and then he said while showing me his pass.."there you go there" :) yep: it was pretty funny to me, in that i giggled about it all the way to portland!!
Question for the day: If it is my job to "check" fares, why do people get so angry and offended when I ask for a second look, to make sure the fare is "proper".? you know like when the obvious fare invader flashes their transfer as quick as possible hoping the driver wont notice its expired.....then.....when we catch them, they get mad at us??? It all of a sudden becomes the drivers fault that "they" the passenger do not have fare!

No comments:
Post a Comment